15 September 2009

Label and Annotation Project

 
 Here is my attempt at the map for the Label and Annotation project.  The streams were really hard to get looking good, especially trying to get the curve to look right. The jpg version on the screen looks a lot busier (and fuzzier) than the printout does. 

9 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a movie I once saw... just kidding. I thought you did a really nice job with the streams and rivers. Perhaps you should have labeled lakes. Maybe then Pete would give you an A+ instead of just an A. Seriously, I also thought your state names read very clearly. Good choice of fonts for urban areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig it. How did you get the nifty icons in the legend? Didn't know you could do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nifty icons too - Buddy showed me how. It's on the 4th step of the legend wizard. It talks about changing the size and shape of the symbol patch. One of the drop down menus is for Area and that gives you different choices for the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking map. I used a very similar color scheme on my states as well. I suggest making your polyline hydrology labels just a little smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice map. On my ancient laptop NC and TN are very close in color...it may just be my screen or my eyes. I would suggest labeling the lakes; these are the hydrological features my attention moves to first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You like the purples. I think you did a great job on your stream and river labels. I also think the lakes and lake names are an important feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colors, keep up the good work!
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the color tones for the states and your labeling. You may want to consider putting a background color for you north arrow to give a little contrast. Great Map!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors work well together on this map.

    ReplyDelete